Sale of Fixed Assets (SF.CF.SaleOfFixedAssets) refers to the cash inflow from the sale of Fixed Assets.
Gain/losses on the Sale of Fixed Assets are recognized on the income statement and may be classified as Net Income/Starting Line (SF.CF.NetIncome_StartingLine). If this is so, then these Gains or Losses are reversed further down the waterfall in the line item “Other Non-Cash Items” (SF.CF.OtherNonCashItems).
Sale of Fixed Assets (SF.CF.SaleOfFixedAssets) includes:
- Assets sold/retired
- Sale of investment properties classified as property, plant and equipment ((these are treated as tangible assets as per US GAAP and other standards)
- Sale of assets to be leased out under operating lease contracts
Sale of Fixed Assets (SF.CF.SaleOfFixedAssets) does not include:
- Sale/disposition of held-for-sale assets,
- Sale of investment properties classified as investment assets and Sale of assets to be leased out under financial lease contracts (shown in “Sale/Maturity of Investment” (SF.CF.Sale_MaturityOfInvestment))
- Sale of subsidiaries and Divestiture/spin-off of a business unit (shown in “Sale of Business” (SF.CF.SaleOfBusiness))