We have introduced a new way to track your notebook comments in Dashboard using the Comments Widget.
Comments widget will help you to:
- Integrate notebook comments with dashboard
- Track all notebook comments activity easily
- Identify comments you have been mentioned in
- Aggregate the workflow and easily track activities by the rest of the team, specially useful for PMs and CIOs
- Ability to filter comments by your mentions, note author, note type, team with the note has been shared, etc
How to add comments widget
- Go to ‘Dashboard’
- Click on ‘Add Widget’
- Click on ‘Notes and Research Management’
- Click on ‘Comments’
- Click on ‘Add Selected Widgets’
Different parts of comments widget
Filters available in the comments widget:
To apply a filter:
- Go to Comments Widget
- Click on Filter Icon in the top right
Following filters are supported in the comments widget
- Mentions – Filter where the user is @ mentioned in a comment
- Comment Author – Filter comments written by specific user(s)
- Note Type – Filter comments on specific note type(s). Example: Filter on thesis comments in a widget instance and on other note type comments in another widget instance. Users can configure different comment widgets on the dashboard for different use cases.
- Note Category – Filter comments on specific note category(ies)
- Note Author – Filter comments on notes created by specific user(s). This filter lets the users see comments that are related to documents where they are the author.
- Team – Filter comments on notes shared with specific team(s). This filter allows the customer to view comments by teams the customer is a part of.
By default, the widget is linked to the watchlist or tickers selected in the Dashboard. Users need to click the “link” icon to link/unlink the widget to the watchlist/ticker.
Please note that currently, the widget does not update automatically. The user needs to refresh the dashboard to update the widget.