Better optimize your workday with the Sentieo v3.7 update. We are excited to announce the release of new features, as well as other minor updates and fixes.
iPad Pro support: Our iPad app now takes full advantage of the new iPad screen format and resolution, and it renders edge to edge on all versions of the iPad. We have also implemented support for Multi-tasking with picture-in-picture mode. You can now open other apps on top of the Sentieo app, and enjoy the productivity of multi-tasking.
LexisNexis: We’ve added 650+ news and industry sources to Sentieo’s Document Search, including mainstream publications and industry journals going back 2+ years.
Earnings Calendar: We have upgraded our data source to S&P Capital IQ Events Calendar, which expands to global coverage for earnings release dates and includes better availability of webcast and dial-in details.
- LexisNexis: We’ve added 650+ news and industry sources to Sentieo’s Document Search, including mainstream publications and industry journals going back 2+ years. This new feature is available to all current clients as a 30-day trial; please contact your account executive or customer success manager for details, or just contact general support. You can download the full source list here.
Improvements & Fixes
- Print improvements
- Large Synonym update
- Intra-day Price Alerts for Canadian, Australian, and European tickers
Improvements & Fixes
- UX changes: Easier flow while following a ticker from EDT, News Stream, or Doc Search
- Auto-Save functionality: One-click addition to Followed Tickers list
This was a minor release with a focus on system improvements and fixes, rather than new features.
Improvements & Fixes
- PDF upload support for documents that cannot be converted into searchable format: when our system is unable to convert and process a PDF upload, we will now show the original PDF file without the ability to search or highlight (as opposed to not showing the PDF at all).
- PDF Export: Fixed a problem in which content was getting cropped upon export to PDF
- Comments: In some instances, replies via email were causing the entire email thread to appear in the comment pane. This has been fixed.
Equity Data Terminal
- New series:
- NTM rolling (Time-Weighted Average) for estimates and trading multiples. We are introducing an alternative version of NTM which is calculated as the time-weighted average of the consensus estimate of the upcoming fiscal years. This complements our current NTM version, which is based on the sum of the upcoming four quarters. Because there are frequently more analysts publishing estimates for full years rather than for quarters, this methodology is sometimes preferred for certain sectors and securities.
- Total Return*: We are introducing the total return index series, which tracks the total return of a stock, including reinvestment of dividends. The total return index can be called in Excel and in Screener as a series, or as a % change, which translates into the total return of the stock over a certain period of time.
- Canadian, European, and Australian Intraday Price Alerts: Following our deployment of intraday data to additional geographies, we are now making alerts on intraday price changes available**.
* to be released later in the week of April 29th, 2019.
** For Europe, please note that we are licensed to CBOE BATS Europe. If a security is not trading on BATS, then the alerts will not be triggered.
- LTM (4-quarter sum, point in time) for fundamental and trading multiples. We have added an alternative methodology for LTM. The new daily LTM series shows the last twelve months’ worth of data as it was known at a specific point in time. For example, if a company reports its December quarter earnings on January 30, then the LTM value as of January 20 would sum the four quarters through September.
- Earnings Calendar: We are upgrading our data source to S&P Capital IQ Events Calendar, which expands to global coverage for earnings release dates and includes better availability of webcast and dial-in details.
- ETF holdings data corrected: We have reinstated our coverage of ETF holdings data for the SPDR family of ETFs. The updated data is available on the summary page of ETFs on EDT.
Screener / Comparables
- Export to Excel: We have refreshed our Excel exports. The new design brings color and style, as well as the latest version of the Excel file format. This will produce cleaner and smaller files.
- 2-letter ISO code for some countries and regions was displaying instead of their full name; this has been fixed.
- Operators >=, <= and != were malfunctioning in some specific circumstances, this has been fixed.
- New statistics: pct_chg. It is now possible to request the percentage change of any series automatically by adding the optional parameter pct_chg at the end of the =snt(). For example, =snt(“aapl”,”close”,”tf=YTD”,”pct_chg”) will return the performance YTD of Apple stock price. =snt(“aapl”,”revenue”,”tf=10y”,”pct_chg”) will return the percentage change in Apple revenue over the past 10 years.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Session allows more time before you are asked to log in again
- Usage of watchlist has been restored
- =snt(“usdusd:cur”,”spot”) previously returned an error since the currency pair makes little economic sense. It now returns 1, which makes things easier when building models.
- PDF export: Export to PDF is now available in our mobile app.
- iPad Pro support
- New wider screen support: Our iPad app now takes full advantage of the new resolutions introduced with the latest iPad Pros.
- Multi-tasking with picture-in-picture mode. While on the iPad app, you can now open other apps on top and enjoy the productivity of multi-tasking.
- Support of Face ID to login: We now support Face ID on all our apps. Once enabled, Face ID replaces your login and password if you logout and log back in.
- View the original PDF document: By default, all PDF documents in Sentieo are converted to a searchable format to facilitate navigation and highlighting. However, users sometimes prefer to view the original PDF, so we added a toggle button to change the view to PDF.
- Broker Research from Morningstar was sometimes producing bad results in the conversion from PDF; this has now been corrected
- Addressed various display bugs
- Optimised further the loading of images in Notebook while editing notes.
- Addressed multiple image constraint issues
- Improved shortlink performance on bar charts
- Improved replicability of opening shared plotters
- New Mosaic Alert: Enhanced email emphasizing companies with positive data vs. consensus expectations
- Cannabis sector mapping: We have added Mosaic data for several public cannabis companies.
- Significant data quality enhancement: Improved search term mapping quality for the majority of tickers in our database
- Intraday Graph Widget
- LexisNexis News Widget
Improvements & Fixes
- Added “Display Density” setting to Price Monitor, allowing you to view more rows of data in the same screen
- Rearranged list widget (e.g. documents, broker research) text to fit more documents in the same screen
- Significant improvements to Dashboard and Price Monitor stability
Don’t forget! Sentieo comes with live chat support on the upper right menu, next to Settings.