This guide will explain how to route incoming Sentieo notifications to folders using a filter. This is useful if you are receiving 10+ Sentieo emails per day.
There are three types of Sentieo email notifications:
Shares (firstname.lastname@example.org): Notification that a note has been shared with you.
Alerts (email@example.com): Notification of saved search matches, new SEC filings, press releases, transcripts, and major price movements.
Edge (firstname.lastname@example.org): Automated pre-market and post-market summaries of news, filings, and alerts all in one email.
Create folders for each type of Sentieo email notification
1. Launch Outlook and go to your Inbox
2. Right-click the Inbox folder on the left pane:
3. Click New Folder and then type a name for the folder:
For this example, I will create a new folder for each type of Sentieo alert (Shares, Alerts, Edge):
Create a rule to route Sentieo emails to a specified folder based on the type of notification
1. Search for sentieo-alerts under Current Folder:
2. Right-click on any Sentieo – Alerts message> hover over Rules> select Always Move Messages From: Sentieo – Alerts:
3. Select the Sentieo Alerts folder and click OK:
Outlook will now search for any existing Sentieo Alerts emails and move them to the appropriate folder:
Once the transfer is complete, all of your Sentieo Alerts emails will no longer appear in your Inbox. Instead, they will appear in your Sentieo Alerts folder:
4. Repeat steps 1-3 for sentieo-shares and sentieo-edge:
Advanced: Create a rule to route Sentieo Alerts based on the type of alert
Each Sentieo Alert will have one of the following in the subject:
Doc search alert
52 week low
52 week high
Significant stock move
Using the Create Rule feature in Outlook, you can organize Sentieo Alert emails based on the Subject content.
1. Create sub-folders for specific alert types within your Sentieo Alert folder. For this example, I have created the following folders:
- SEC Filings
- Press Releases
- Doc Search Alert
- Price Movements (I am lumping 52 week high/low and significant stock move emails in this folder)
2. Select your Sentieo Alerts folder and search for “doc search alert” under Current Folder:
3. Right-click on any of these Doc Search Alert messages> hover over Rules> select Create Rule…
4. Select the Subject Contains checkbox and remove any text after New Doc Search Alert:
5. Select the Move the item to folder checkbox> click on Select Folder> select the Doc Search Alerts folder and press OK.
6. To create this rule, select OK.
7. If you would like to apply this rule to existing Doc Search Alert emails, select the Run this rule now checkbox that appears after pressing OK:
4. Repeat steps 1-7 for all other Sentieo Alert email types: